Old 01-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Mike Lyle

Jabes wrote:
Squirrels, sure. We have a few that come by, but this is a huge

tree.
I would say that there are 50-100 walnuts currently on the lawn,

with
hundreds more that haven't fallen yet!

And mostly the squirrels seem to bury the walnuts again somewhere

else
in the garden.

Pickled walnuts are _the_ best relish to cold poultry. Discerning
friends and relations will be delighted to receive some for
Christmas, if yours aren't already too ripe. (I'm assuming they
aren't ripe enough to provide proper nuts, or you wouldn't be
worrying about them. If they are, though, there's plenty of advice on
the rather tedious process on the Web.)

--
Mike.