Old 02-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Flower Bobdew contains these words:

Most of the advice I've seen, so far, has suggested over wintering my
potted bay tree safely indoors - preferably somewhere with a minimum
temperature of 5 degrees.

Really?

Just wondering... Many people in here successfully over winter their bay
trees simply leaving them outside - possibly moving the pot to a
slightly more sheltered spot and being vigilant, in terms of
temperatures falling below a certain temperature?

I leave my two small bay trees (both less than a foot ATM) where they
were all summer.

Where I used to live we never brought our two 25-foot bay trees inside -
it would have meant digging them up.

Since they were planted just after WW1 and they are still thriving, I
wouldn't worry. Just make sure they can't get waterlogged.

--
Rusty