Old 02-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Need help trimming roots on house plant

Hello,

I just bought a spath plant to put on our window sill. I know very
little about plants or gardening (go figure...I live and grew up in the
heart of New York City)

The roots of this plant are at the edge of the pot i bought it in but
rather than replant it in a bigger pot i would like to keep it the same
size it is now. The clerk at the store told me I can trim the roots but
ive never done it before and i dont want to kill the plant.

Can anyone with experience offer some suggestions or advice on how to
do this ? I cant find a good website with clear instructions for doing
this.

Thanks for any help !

-A.P.