Old 02-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Joe Hughes wrote:
You are absolutely correct, the Earth needs something to reflect solar
radiation back into space.

Traditionally, this has been high albedo cloud cover over the equator
caused by rain forest transpiration. Rainforest deforestation is
heating the earth, not because of reduced CO2 absorption (grown trees
do
not absorb much CO2 -- plankton, periphyton, annuals, and grasses are
best for that) but because of reduced rain-forest induced cloud cover.

Since Aluminum is toxic to plants, and since, as another poster pointed
out, you would need an impossible amount, I suggest you support plans
reforest the rain forest.

A.P. writes:

Yes, this is an important destructive feature of Global Warming is that
it burns off cloud cover. Not only is the factor of humans removing
rain forests that build clouds, but that even if the rain forests were
not removed by humans that the increasing global warming would burn off
clouds as a process in itself. This is why I believe the interior of
continents becomes more and more arid is because the increasing heat of
summertimes decreases cloud cover. Our summers in the plains of the USA
during the 1980s had hot humid days whose nights were often covered in
clouds. Nowadays we have hot humid days that are cloudless.

I am all for the restoration of rainforests because that is concomitant
with the realization that we have a upper limit of human population on
Earth. This planet cannot sustain 7 billion humans and have a
rainforest. This planet can sustain 2 billion humans who all live on
renewable energy and where a rainforest can thrive and where all
animals larger than that of a dog has an ecosystem so that it is not
threatened with extinction. Human overpopulation drives most other
evils and unless we address human overpopulation, most problems will
not be solved.

Aluminium Sequin in orbit is the planet's first Earth Air Conditioner
system. We need it regardless of anything else. We need a measure of
control of the global temperature and as a protection against an
overactive Sun. It is commonsense, it is not wisdom, that should tell
each and everyone of us that whenever we have control over something
that may threaten our life, that we take and embrace that control, not
ignore it. It is stupidity that does not embrace and grab for controll
of that which can threaten our lives, both individually and as a
species.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium