Old 02-10-2005, 07:45 PM
ned

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Paul contains these words:

Hi

I am starting a garden in a new build house, the main part of the
garden measures approx 11M deep X 17M long. This garden is in a

windy
seaside location,
Any suggestions as to what types of apple tree would be suitable

for
my garden,

I live in a windy seaside location. Apples don't like very windy
locations afaik, and I don't think they tolerate salt well. Although

few people round about have stunted apple trees, I don't see any
fruit. I strongly recommend you consider the many lovely plants

whose
roots stems and leaves are adapted to the windy, salty conditions

found
at the seaside. Take a walk round the neighbourhood and see what

does
well in other gardens, join a local gardening group, ask the library

if
they stock books on seaside gardening.

Janet.

Yes, that's more like the advice I would have given.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 30.09.2005