Old 15-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Alison

Default ? Recommended flowers for cutting

"Derek Carver" wrote in message

But there must be other things that I haven't thought of, so any

suggestions
you can make would be most welcome. Clearly they should be things that

are not
an enormous amount of trouble otherwise I shall be back where I started.

Derek Carver
Oxshott, Surrey

Hi Derek

This is not quite a suggestion of plants per se but is on that theme. For a
long time I had been resisting the temptation to buy Sarah Raven's book
"Grow Your Own Cut Flowers" thinking that I was relatively experienced and
surely almost anything could be a cut flower. However, some kind soul gave
me the book for my birthday and now I wish that I hadn't resisted the
temptation for so long. Her plans aim to give you only 10 mins work a week,
other than cutting, and that's for a 3m x 4m plot. There are loads of tips
that she gives that save bags of space and time - and the best thing is that
she has spent years trialling all these things. The suggestions for
arrangements for indoors are wonderful if you want to go that far and she
gives you a good idea of vase life too. It's even just an enjoyable read!

Best of luck with your patch - I'm hoping to aquire an extra scrap of a
neighbouring field to dedicate to my cut flower patch.

--A