Old 03-10-2005, 05:18 AM
Kinia Surrat Mugab

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Dusty, I found it, I answered my own question. maybe I'm not so helpless
after all, LOL!

Here's something interesting about these pop ups and such.

Turning off Java will stop some, shutting off active-x will shut off the
rest.

Websites are starting to require Java and scripts to be allowed for their
content to be viewed, which means they are requiring you to allow
intrusions, monitoring, and weakening your defenses just to see their
website.

Want to see someone's catalog, map, or video, you have to allow them to
monitor your internet activities.

Even more interesting is that some of the personal firewall protection
software run on active-x and Java, so if you disable them in windows the
software won't run.

So basically you're screwed. If the software companies want their software
to not be blocked, they'll pay for it and the firewall software companies
will allow it.

Welcome to the benefits of capitalism when the government wants urestricted
gains and profits.