Old 03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Rob

K Barrett wrote:
I need a way to afford more orchids, as per Rob's rules, *G*, so I was
researching stocks/mutual funds on MSN.com when the E*Trades advertisement
expanded, swooped over my line of sight and virtually captured my monitor
for 15-20 seconds. I couldn't close the ad. I couldn't continue what I was
doing until the ad's animation finished and reduced its self back into the
ad space, returning control of my monitor to me - something straight out of
'Outer Limits'.

Ah! These clever e-commerce mavens. They've designed a new way to tick us
off. First it was banner ads, then pop ups, now this swoop.

I assume there's some sort of setting I need to change. Turn off active-x
or something... anyone have any tips?

K Barrett

Get Firefox, and the adblocker extension. Block any and all traffic
from the adserver that gave you the nasty ad. Easy peasy. I don't see
nearly so much garbage as I used to.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1