Old 15-01-2003, 06:12 PM
TheGardener

Default Building a Garden Webpage

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
news
I'm planning on revamping my website ( www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~sykesm)
this summer once the garden gets going again. Two questions:

1. What sort of content do people find interesting? I was thinking
initially
maybe a page showing the development of each of the various 'rooms' in the
garden which were only started last year and an 'arty' page for close-ups

of
interesting flowers etc.

2. I received a digital camera (4.0Megapixels) and a scanner for

Christmas.
I already have an SLR camera with a Macro lens. What do people recommend

for
the best garden pictures - Using the digital camera or using the SLR and
scanning the prints?

Martin

PS. If you go to my site, the garden page has some Javascript. It's just a
fun animation and nothing to worry about if you've got Javascript

disabled.

I like to see pictures of the garden, and closeups of individual plants,
with plenty of information about both!

A couple of comments -
1) get rid of the bees - they are SOOOOO annoying, and cover the text when
you're trying to read!
2) I personally don't like frames - they take up too much space, so that
you only have a bit in the middle of the page to view information, which you
always have to keep scrolling down to read anyway... just my own personal
thoughts!

--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk