Old 03-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Dusty Bleher

"Dominic-Luc Webb" wrote in message
OK, then maybe what I had really were green tomatoes. I was just
surprised to see the orange-red color. It was getting a bit soft
as it turned this color. Taste was quite fine, mildly sweet. When
these were green they tasted quite good. I got worried about the
color change because of rumors that green (unripe red) tomatoes
are at least mildly poisonous and perhaps carcinogenic. I have
not been anxious to compare the taste of unripe (still green) red
tomatoes. I have yet to look seriously into these helth allogations,

I certainly hope not. When I was in Italy in the late '60's, they served,
and I ate, a lot of green tomato salad. And they were unripe red tomatoes.
Delicious. Been makin' and eatin' it ever since...(:-o)!

Later all,
DustyB

but have Medline access....

Dominic