Old 03-10-2005, 03:52 PM
K Barrett

"?" wrote in message
rg...
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:10:55 -0700 in

K Barrett wrote:
I need a way to afford more orchids, as per Rob's rules, *G*, so I was
researching stocks/mutual funds on MSN.com when the E*Trades

expanded, swooped over my line of sight and virtually captured my

monitor
for 15-20 seconds. I couldn't close the ad. I couldn't continue what I

was
doing until the ad's animation finished and reduced its self back into

the
ad space, returning control of my monitor to me - something straight out

of
'Outer Limits'.

Ah! These clever e-commerce mavens. They've designed a new way to

tick us
off. First it was banner ads, then pop ups, now this swoop.

I assume there's some sort of setting I need to change. Turn off

active-x
or something... anyone have any tips?

Uninstall flash.
Use any browser other than Internet Exploder.
The general rule of thumb is that if a site requires flash,
it is totally void of content.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil