Old 03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
LJ

This website has a section on winter gardens:
http://www.westsidegardener.com/quic...r_veggies.html

This book is highly recommended:
Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long
by Eliot Coleman, Kathy Bray (Illustrator), Barbara Damrosch (Photographer)

Just happened to come across this forum when searching for the exact name of
the book above:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/fourseason/

Also, I've found that most seed suppliers now have sections on winter
gardening and suggest planting times and best varieties. Check your favorite
supplier's website.

Good luck, LJ in BC

"Diane M" wrote in message
nk.net...
I live in the Sacramento Valley and am wondering if there are any winter
vegetable crops I could plant? Or does it get too cold (rarely below 35
degrees). I'd like to put my garden to use during the 'off' season.

Diane M