Old 04-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Jupiter

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 00:12:20 +0100, "Alan Gabriel"
wrote:

"Jabes" wrote in message
roups.com...
Not all of them are good by any stretch. I am picking some up and off
the tree when they're about to fall for friends (of course, I can only
reach the low branches. The tree must be 30ft at least).

Back to my original question though, if I want to clear up all the bits
easily would any vac do the job or I am just destined for hard labour
for the rest of my days .... ;-)

Don't think a garden vac would be of any use. Mine shreds the leaves before
they go in the bag and I would imagine a walnut, if in fact it could lift
one, would break the blades.

Is there really so much hardship involved in raking leaves and picking
up windfall friut/nuts? My Victoria plums probably drop as many as I
pick. I bend my back every couple of days and pick pick them up.
Many are already half eaten by those little bushy-tailed greedy
squirrels, not to mention wasps, birds and the rest.

Mind you, make enough fuss about it and I'll sure someone wil make a
machine for picking up fallen walnuts.