Old 04-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Andy

"sam" wrote in message
I pulled up the canes this morning and composted the vines.It has been a
good season and the last feed was good.If the weather had been warmer there
would have been more, but there's plenty in the freezer to last us a while.
Besides I am trying Marshalls over-wintering onion sets for lifting in May
when this year's crop will be running out,and I need the ground.It is the
first time for me to try this, so I would be glad to hear of anyone's
experience with them. Thanks.

Sam

I managed to get approximately 2lb of beans per plant this year. I don't
know if that's good or bad, but we did
have to resort to giving them away in the end1

Andy.