Old 03-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

I would suggest that it is far more important to know how far North you are,
and on which coast.

ISTR South West.

On the subject of apples, I would suggest a Bramley for the cooker, and then
one or two eaters, perhaps an early and a late variety.
I have a fondness for Coxes, although they are harder to grow than many.
When you do get a good crop they last well and taste wonderful.
If sound and kept in a fridge in plastic bags (abot 4 to the bag) they can
last through to the new year.

We used to keep Cox's orange pippins until well into spring, kept on
wooden trays in an air-raid shelter when I was a teenager.

--
Rusty