Old 04-10-2005, 07:22 AM
diespammer2comcast.net

it does not hurt to try it. It might be a bit late in the growing
season. If it does start to grow the new grass will need oxygen and sun
light to really do anything. Also if the seed does start to grow it can
not be walked on etc etc etc till about the time for the first mowing.

John wrote:

More challenges and more questions !

I have a large part of the perimeter of my yard covered in shade. Some
quite dense. Id like to seed these areas with something but I'm
thinking that the amount of leaves falling here in Tennessee right now
are going to smother any growth this time of the year. FYI, I had
already bought Scotts Pure Premium Shady Brand Grass Seed mix.

JD