Old 04-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Emery Davis

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:46:15 -0500
Treedweller wrote:

] On 3 Oct 2005 18:05:03 -0700, "Todd" wrote:
]
] I purchased my mother a laceleaf Japanese Maple when her father passed
] away two years ago.
]
] Yesterday some idiots who were cutting down trees let a branch fall on
] the maple and broke it. For some reason then they cut off the tree at
] the base - leaving about 2 inches above ground.
]
] Will it grow back?
] Make them replace it. The new growth, if any, will be weak and poorly
] attached. It will be a poor substitute for what you lost.
]

Further, make sure they replace it with the same cultivar and the
same size as the plant they destroyed. My opinion also is that
what they've left has very little chance. What a shame.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to