Old 04-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article .com,
James Berry writes
We've just moved into a house with a decent size garden. There is an
extremely well established walnut tree (which has a conservation order
on it), which - as you can imagine - drops a considerable amount of
leaves, twigs, and walnuts.

I bought a 2500w flymo electric vac/blower since I had just so many
leaves to deal with, and this handles the leaves ok but the sheer
quantity of walnuts in the grass just depresses me. Raking is not
particularly effective.

Would a more "industrial" vac be able to suck up the walnuts?

Any other ideas?

best wishes
James

Was wondering if you could lay fleece down on the ground when they start
to fall, that way you can just pull the fleece up with all the walnuts
intact. I know this won't help this year but it might be useful in the
future.
Equally you could contact a group like the gardening association or W.I.
In your area and they might send volunteers to clean up for you!
If you could tell us the general area in which you live i have no doubt
there'll be a rush from local members of this newsgroup who would help.
Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph