Old 04-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Paul contains these words:
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:09:11 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from Paul contains these words:

This garden is in a windy
seaside location,

Should'nt have much of a problem with salt spray,

LOL

Janet.

My assumption was made on the observation that as I have been at this
location for three months, and the winds have been strong enough to
blow over my plant pots (18inch dia), I can't taste any salt in the
wind, my garage/shed/car windows don't show any evidence of salt film.
We are sheltered from the direct sea winds.

Three months? choke! Those of us who have lived by the sea may suggest
that you pause for a couple more years before you think of assessing the
liklihood of any maritime influence.

It might even be a decade before a particular set of conditions
coincides, and half the Channel/Bristol Channel pays you a flying
visit...

/choke!

However should I drive a few hundred yards arond the corner towards
the sea, then yes, the car windows are spotted with salt .

What is this 'drive' activity, Earth creature?

--
Rusty