Old 04-10-2005, 12:47 PM
p.k.

Flower Bobdew wrote:
In article , Sarah Dale
writes

My tree has presently got windburn, it didn't get quite enough water
this year.

Which begs the question... How much water is enough water for an Acer
in a pot? And can it actually have too much - assuming the pot is well
drained?

My small potted Acer glade is looking a bit ragged this year. This was
because I was trying to water them with rainwater - as I thought they
needed (or were, at least, best suited) to an ericaceous compost -
but I was corrected on this necessity a month or so ago. However, the
watering follow-up question wasn't answered.

my experience is that in a saucer they get upset about having wet feet, but
with a free draining compst cope happily with reaular autimatic watering in
addition to rain, no saucer & off the ground on pot feet

pk