Old 04-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Andy

"JP in Lon" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote in message

"sam" wrote in message
I pulled up the canes this morning and composted the vines.It has been a
good season and the last feed was good.If the weather had been warmer

there
would have been more, but there's plenty in the freezer to last us a

while.
Besides I am trying Marshalls over-wintering onion sets for lifting in

May
when this year's crop will be running out,and I need the ground.It is

the
first time for me to try this, so I would be glad to hear of anyone's
experience with them. Thanks.

Sam

I managed to get approximately 2lb of beans per plant this year. I don't
know if that's good or bad, but we did
have to resort to giving them away in the end1

How many plants?
What about stored stock (winter/spring)? Got enough frozen/dried?

Eight plants 15lb total, not including 1lb I let go to seed. I have blanched
and frozen as much as possible, but don't have a large freezer. I'm not sure
how
to dry these things. Can you eat the mature beans? I've tried podding some
and letting
them dry on the windowsill but I'm not too sure about them, some of them are
discoloured and soft, others are showing slight signs of mould, others have
split.
I'm wondering whether I'll get one good bean out of them at this rate

:-(

Andy.