Old 04-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from sherman contains these words:
Romanusesudomus Wrote:
I saw a picture recently of a simple plastic lean to greenhouse. Does
anyone know where you can get these and how much they cost? (and if
theyre any good)

It was green with a clear plastic cover and seemed to be made of metal
tubes all slotted together. Does anyone else have one and are they any
good?

I've seen the type you describe in Lidl and/or Aldi (can't remember
which) - I can't remember the cost, somewhere around €60 I think.

I just stuck six eight-foot bamboos in the ground. crossed them over at
the top and lashed another bamboo in the crutches. Then I fixed three
spacers inside to bow the sides out into a church-window shape and
covered the lot with polythene from some carpet wrapping. The polythene
is held on with clothes pegs.

It's lasted the season, and tomatoes are ripening well, if a bit late.

Cost? Seven bamboos and a bit of time acquiring some pre-loved plastic
and baling twine, and some juggling with pegs on washing day....

--
Rusty