Old 15-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Martin Brown

Default OT Was Ricinus South Wales Evening post. Oh dear

Alan Gould wrote:

In article , JennyC
writes

Oh dear - I was, as ever, curious, and did a search and came up with
several sites with 'recipes' for how to make it.
Do you think 'they' will suspect me now ?

It's actually a bit scary that the information was so easy to find.

Would it be an offence to try ricin as a slugicide?

That depends. If it was part of a growing plant that the slug ate then no
(ditto for aphids). If you start making home brew stuff using ricin and
are even slightly careless they won't need to prosecute you.

There are plenty of very nasty natural poisons. (BTW do they sell ricin
for homeopathy ????)
Botox these days has become incredibly fashionable for that dead plastic
skin look.

Regards,
Martin Brown