Old 04-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Hi Doug:

About 20' by 20'

Matthew
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

We have dilemma.

We have very shady backyard. The previous owners of the house laid
down several layers of pebbles apparently because it may been hard
to grow grass in the backyard. The problem is that they forgot or
neglected to put plastic under the pebbles so we are always weeding
the area.

My wife and I would like something else there, like grass.
We need grass that can handle the shade and can handle dog waste.
We will pick up the solid waste, but it needs to handle liquid waste.

We are willing to hire a professional to plant the grass there, but
we need to know what we are talking about before we proceed with
that direction.

Does anyone have some ideas about the type of grass we can put there?
We are in temperate zone 6A.

Thank You

Matthew Harelick

Unless you're prepared to go out there and wash down the dog urine, the
grass isn't going to last very long. One of my neighbors tried what you're
talking about and ended up with bare soil eventually.

How big is the area you're talking about?