Old 04-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Sarah Dale

Flower Bobdew wrote:
Which begs the question... How much water is enough water for an Acer in
a pot? And can it actually have too much - assuming the pot is well
drained?

A very hard question to answer because its going to depend on the size
of the tree, the size and type of pot, location, natural precipitation
and erm...... lots of things!

For my tree, now 6 - 7 years old and about 2 - 3 ft tall in a 18" dia.
pot, living in a windy garden, I normally aim to give it one whole
watering can of water at least twice a week in summer, unless its been
raining a lot.

It gets watered at the same time as my other pots on the patio that are
filled with summer annuals, and the tree also gets a feed at the same
time these pots do.

YMMV!

Sarah