Old 05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:06:16 -0700, "Eric Hunt"
wrote:

Kath,

I'd totally forgotten about adblock on FireFox!

I don't see ads anymore on the web. Period.

It's amazing, refreshing, and I hate using another computer without it to
browse the web.

It's like TiVo - you stop watching commercials when you have TiVo and then
when you're at a friend's house watching live TV with commercials - it's
maddening!

-Eric

Or even stuck watching TV live at home after you have become used
to skipping commercials and suddenly you catch up to live
broadcast and have to wait thru the rest of the commercials.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
"Rob" wrote in message
K Barrett wrote:
I need a way to afford more orchids, as per Rob's rules, *G*, so I was
researching stocks/mutual funds on MSN.com when the E*Trades

expanded, swooped over my line of sight and virtually captured my

monitor
for 15-20 seconds. I couldn't close the ad. I couldn't continue what

was
doing until the ad's animation finished and reduced its self back into

the
ad space, returning control of my monitor to me - something straight
out

of
'Outer Limits'.

Ah! These clever e-commerce mavens. They've designed a new way to

tick us
off. First it was banner ads, then pop ups, now this swoop.

I assume there's some sort of setting I need to change. Turn off

active-x
or something... anyone have any tips?

K Barrett

Get Firefox, and the adblocker extension. Block any and all traffic
from the adserver that gave you the nasty ad. Easy peasy. I don't see
nearly so much garbage as I used to.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

OK, that's at least 7 votes I've gotten for Firefox. Guess I'd better
change.

SuE