Old 05-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Road_Hog®

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
I have been looking at eBay with a view to buying a petrol lawn mower, and
have these two in mind. Which one (if any) should I go for, and how much
should my max. bid be. Or is there a better petrol alternative around the
same price mark?

1. http://makeashorterlink.com/?U49521CEB

2. http://makeashorterlink.com/?C6A542CEB

Number 1, has the better engine with the Briggs & Stratton, even though it
is at their lower end. Makita, won't have made the mower, it will be
branded, so the make is unimportant. £100 should be your maximum bid
including carriage, otherwise nip down to your local DIY supermarket.

Number 2, says it's new, but also graded, graded usually means usused,
unless it is a factory reject. McCulloch, also don't exist as a company
anymore and are just branded units from the Electrolux Group. This one is
self propelled, but has the Tecumseh engine fitted, which is about as cheap
as you can get except for some of the stuff appearing from China now. £120
should be your maximum bid, however, I would personally purchase the Makita
branded unit.