Old 06-10-2005, 02:00 AM
vincent p. norris

I've lived in this house since 1961. In that time, I've had four dogs,
one at a time --three females and now a male. IOW, there has almost
always been a dog urinating on my lawn. All were neutered as pups.

I have never found any damage from dog urine in my lawn, over all
those years. Obviously, many gallons of urine have been deposted on
my lawn in the 40+ years I've been here, but there has been zero
damage.

I'm in central PA, zone 6 but not far from zone 5.

vince norris

This is a mystery. Others end up with big yellow spots on the lawn. Maybe
the OP should also post this question in one of the dog newsgroups. I recall
seeing endless debates about this there last time I checked.

I just read Toni's post, so I'll add that I never water my lawn and I
haven't fertilized it for at least 20 years. I mow it high, 3", and
let the clippings lie. It still grows too fast.

vince norris