Old 06-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Ted Byers

"Al" wrote in message
That was a pretty mild rant considering it is a zoning board that you are
dealing with. You can get a gun with 24 hours notice.

Now, although that may be gratifying, it isn't good. ;-)

Just think how boring life would be without all these little challenges that
come our way. ;-)

While we'd like to carry on toward our objectives without these little
challenges, we can use them to our advantage. Don't we tell young athletes
to grin and bear the aches and pains they get as a result of their extreme
physical activity since that builds character? That is, in fact, ancient
wisdom, and can be found, for example, in the Bible: trouble builds
endurance which builds character ... .

We all know what government is like, with civil servants who are usually
neither. Government does things on the cheap, so is rarely willing to pay
for adequately qualified personelle. Instead they go for the least
expensive personelle they can get away with.

Don't get mad at the people you're dealing with. Have pity on them, for
they're trying to do work they may not be adequately qualified to do, and
compensate for their lack of knowledge with a tyranical attitude. Doing
this, you won't have much effect on them, but you will reduce your own
stress levels and perhaps prevent yourself from getting an ulcer or
suffering some other stress related disease.

Cheers,

Ted