Old 16-01-2003, 01:50 PM
andyp

Default Runner beans

It is well worth the effort, even my frozen home grown taste better that the
supermarket ones.
I line my trenches with upto about a dozen sheets of newspaper, soaked well
before I fill with
soil and compost then soak that well before I plant the seedlings (I start
the beans in the
greenhouse). I would imagine lining the bottom of your tubs with newspaper
would have the
same effect. At the height of the growing/fruiting season they will need
watering just about
every day so retaining as much water as possible in the tub is important.

I would not worry too much about variety, providing they are fed (tomatoe
food) and watered
often you should be OK.

Pick them young and cook straight away.

AndyP