Old 06-10-2005, 11:38 PM
tennis maynard

Al wrote:
That was a pretty mild rant considering it is a zoning board that you are
dealing with. You can get a gun with 24 hours notice.

Finally a helpful suggestion!

Al wrote:
Yes, I suppose. I just meant a gun is easier to get than almost anything
that requires a zoning board's approval. Fill out a form. Claim to be
emotional stable.

Uh, you may not know this never having met me in person, but that last
one might be a tough sell...

Rob wrote:

I've decided that it is far easier to beg forgiveness than ask
permission. At least for a greenhouse.

Uh, let's see, if I'm caught...triple fee..that's $750 instead of $250,
plus the variance request, now $780 instead of $260, and then if they
don't approve the variance, having to tear it down. Additionally the
permitting and inspecting for the water, gas, and electric that would be
done AFTER a permit. But if no permit, and I get caught, that's another
$900 plus any additional work that needs doing.

As to 50 degree earth. That is great if you are heating your greenhouse
to 50 degrees. Chances are good you will want it a bit warmer than
that.

Actually, 50' was my goal. I think that's warm enough for everything
including vandas, phals, and bulbos. You don't think so? I leave them
out til the temp hits that mark and they seem fine.

Tennis - whose roommate hit the roof at the mention of no greenhouse til
Spring. 'Where is all this s**t going?' (additional 50 square feet of
plants acquired this year, two evaporative coolers, vents, etc, etc...
We don't have a garage and the storage room (oops! growroom) is busy,
the other is full of pots and potting supplies...'I want these plants out!!'