Old 07-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Gene Schurg

Diana,

Have you (or someone) sprayed anything around the plants. That could be
damage from a chemical that got on the leaves. It does look like a burn of
sorts.

Just a thought.

Gene

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Thanks, Niek. I appreciate your having gone back to read my original
comments, too. I agree that plant #1 appears to have some kind of

bacterial
rot, and it is isolated. I do believe that it has stabilized, perhaps due

two treatments with Physan, but we'll see. I'm hoping for a side shoot.

I also agree that plant #2 looks sunburned, but if it is, I can't figure

out
how. There have been no changes in location other than moving a Phal "tree
stand" farther back from the light source rather than closer. (I grow
outside under screen. The Phals reside under the covered portion of the
patio, but it has been raining a lot, so I moved them back to avoid night
time splash.) There is no evidence of mites; I know how to check for that.
These Phals are in Aliflor, and there is no sign of plant lice, etc. What
really bothers me about that second plant is the thin yellow line around

the
edges of the upper leaves. This is the same thing that happened to plant

before it went to h**l in a handbasket. Of course, this plant is now
isolated as well.

As far as being attached to them, I will never be attached to a plant

enough
to endanger 275 others!

Thanks again.

Diana