Old 07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Anthony Anson contains these words:
The message

Ignoring the bananas (and, of course, kelp), is there any plant with
leaves larger than Gunnera manicata that will grow outside in the UK?

Well-manured rhubarb?

Not even in the same ball park. Gunnera manicata is bigger than any
rhubarb. I recall six of us sheltering completely dry from a
west-Scotland downpour, under a *single* leaf of a gigantic gunnera
plant at Inverewe :-)

Pile on more horshhhh! Bucket of phostrogen! Daily dousing of nettle soup!

I'll have six heffalumps sheltering under mine in no time...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/