Old 07-10-2005, 08:45 PM
ned

Peter Stockdale wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Oh, if it's a wildlife pond my understanding is you leave it to

fill
itself in.
Which is the ultimate ambition of all ponds. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Yup, I learned this from a previous pond thread here.
Goldfish etc. type or wildlife type - the two together are
incompatible

LOL
Ask three people the same question and you get three different
answers.
My pond is home to two largish Golden Orfe - one aged ten and one
twelve plus. Yet the frogs, toads, water beetles, pond skaters,
leeches and the itsy bitsy arthropods seem to cope alright. A much
greater threat to them is the local hooligan of a water shrew - but
that's wildlife for you.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk