Old 07-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

In article ,
"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote:

Try winter rye(spelling?), Home Depot and Lowes have it. However, be prepared
to mow all winter.

Ray

Why? ;-)
I never do...
I mow it maybe once.
It dies and composts back as soon as the first hot day hits.
--
Om.

Why? Because that is what I did when I used the silly grass about 6 years ago, then
I swore - never again. At that time I had a one acre lot and believe me it ain't no
fun to be riding around on a mower with temps in the mid 30s to 50s.

Then again, it all depends on if you fertilize and water the darn thing, which is
what I did.

Cheers,

Ray
===