Old 07-10-2005, 10:25 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

In article ,
"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote:

Try winter rye(spelling?), Home Depot and Lowes have it. However, be
prepared
to mow all winter.

Ray

Why? ;-)
I never do...
I mow it maybe once.
It dies and composts back as soon as the first hot day hits.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
Nicholson

Why? Because that is what I did when I used the silly grass about 6 years
ago, then
I swore - never again. At that time I had a one acre lot and believe me it
ain't no
fun to be riding around on a mower with temps in the mid 30s to 50s.

Then again, it all depends on if you fertilize and water the darn thing,
which is
what I did.

Cheers,

Ray
===

Not my fault that you are a neat freak! ;-)
I just let it grow... I mow it when it gets to be over a foot tall,
which is maybe once or twice over the winter...

Does anyone really expect a neat lawn in the winter?

I love the way it helped and fertilized the yard and helped the regular
grass grow during the summer! I have 100 lbs. (seed) ready to go as soon
as I am sure the cold is here to stay!

I'm also going to plant off an enclosed spot for the chickens and gate
it until it's pretty tall, then let them have at it.

I love rye grass! It's so fast growing and pretty, and has a reliable
mortality.

Or maybe I'm just lazy in the winter and don't give a rats ass if I have
tall grass in the yard for a few months? lol

--
Om.