Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Cindy

ginav wrote:
We have an older established tree whose roots are starting to grow
above the surface of the lawn. We have been told that we need to
cover the roots with soil to protect the tree's health. We would like
to do this soon, but are unsure what to plant once we have put the
soil down. The lawn is St Augustine, I have been told this grass
will only grow from sod, and should be put down in the spring. What
can I plant temporarily to keep soil in place that is cheap-- as I
will replace it in the spring, but I want it to be at least
presentable till then. Thanks!

Why? I never heard of that before. Don't cover them deep, or you'll
suffocate it.

Cindy