Old 07-10-2005, 10:16 PM
gentlegreen

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
gentlegreen wrote:
If it isn't bad enough that town councils won't accept sprout

peelings
because they "may have shared a kitchen with a ham sandwich "....

If it ever lived it can and should be composted !
Including _me_ if i can arrange it :-)

To me it's a bit like all those people who reckon that Internet
Explorer installed a virus or spyware all by itself and you really
should use this or that alternative clunky software ....

Sorry, I missed the programme. What did he actually say?

--

Oh the usual thing - "cooked scraps attract vermin" (shock horror) ....

Maybe it's because I live in the city - aware that I share the planet with
rats ... even had one sneak in through rotten woodwork a few years back -
now fixed. It ended up in my compost bin once I'd lured it to a trap with
cooked squid and finished it off with a hammer - went in whole - no sign of
it a year later.

The rats round my way are spoilt by a plethora of excellent takeaways - my
furry squatter only ever visited me for shelter - it used to nip out for
dinner

I'm not an extremist - I have no plans (or the room) for a composting
toilet, but I come out in a rash at the thought of putting anything organic
in the dustbin.
My plastic, council-subsidised plastic composter is next to the wheelie bin
out by the front gate - it gets everything from kitchen roll to fish guts
which depending on conditions are processed by worms, fungi, bacteria and
who knows what else ....

There's no evidence of anything mammalian sneaking in.

[/vent]