Old 16-01-2003, 06:30 PM
HaaRoy

Default Overgrown allotment?

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:58:31 -0000, "H"
wrote:

Am thinking about taking on an allotment this year. However, according to
the allotment secretary, it is well overgrown. It hasn't been used for at
least 3 years. No-one seems to want to tackle it ;-)

So, given that I can't spend all my spare time down there .. and the fact
that I don't have much spare time to start with, what's the best / quickest
way to clear it?

Don't want to use chemicals, btw. An advantage of the plot is that it should
be clean re chemicals and such nasties.

What about simply dumping a whole load of manure over the top?
What about rotavating it - if I can borrow a rotavator?

Any ideas?

Oh ... and what is a 'rod'? The sec said they were '10 rod' allotments. How
big is that is real money?

Best,

- h

black polythene sheeting over the lot ??