Old 09-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Persephone wrote:
Last year I won a small African violet at a luncheon.
I've had it on a side table in bright but indirect light,
fed it, watered it, spoke kindly to it, but zip blooms.

Any suggestions?

Tx

--

Persephone

They do need a fair amount of light, as well as regular light feeding.
Also, you need to groom it from to time. Google on "African Violet
care", and sort out the hits. You'll find lots of useful info - too much
probably. Your local library will certainly have a houseplant book or
two that deals with African violets. Books are nice -- you can take them
with you anywhere, and you don't have to plug them in to read them. :-)