Old 08-10-2005, 10:07 PM
~ jan jjspond

On 8 Oct 2005 12:18:54 -0700, wrote:

Hi everyone. I just want to know if somebody can help me. I have a pond
in my backyard thats about 3 and a half feet deep. Just recently, my
fish started to just jump out of the water. They would land on the
grass and die. I would like to know if there is a way to prevent that
besides covering the pond

Thanks

Yes, this is not normal behavior, if they aren't just recently added fish.
Check your water parameters, Nitrite, Ammonia, pH, KH & temp. If you don't
have the test kits to do this, take a water sample to your best reliable
pet or pond store ASAP and they will test it. Request numbers (not okay, or
a little off, now buy this product) the only thing you should buy that trip
is test kits of your own, and an Ammonia locking chemical if ammonia is
showing on their test. We can fix most problems cheaper than pet store
drugs. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a