Old 16-01-2003, 07:38 PM
bnd777

Default Slightly OT - Conservatories

We have a south facing one in UPVC with glass panels right to the floor and
polycarbonate triple wall roof ........thought it was a great idea at the
time but wish now we had had a proper extension with lots of windows and a
good roof done instead would be much more usefull especially in the winter
when otherwise pound notes fly out in heating costs .......never again would
we have a conservatory and UPVC after 10 years is ingrained with dirt you
cant wash off

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
Apologies for not being *quite* garden orientated but there are just so

many
lovely conservatory plants about that we're considering having one built.

I value all the opinions given here so I'd like to ask your experiences of
conservatories. Like polycarb roof or glass, timber construction or uPVC,
roof vents or roof blinds? Are there any things you wish you had known

when
you bought yours or things you would change now given half a chance? Any
manufacturers that you've been impressed with? Pitfalls to watch out for?
It's such a huge cost that any scraps of experience/wisdom would be

greatly
appreciated.

TIA
--Alison