Old 09-10-2005, 08:13 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Bourne Identity wrote:

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 15:21:58 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
"Cindy" wrote:

Do you bag your clippings?

Depends on how long I let the grass get before I mow.

snicker
I know what you mean...... ;-)

Especially in the BACK yard!

LOL! After we had that little spate of rain earlier in the summer, I
couldn't get to it, couldn't get to it...when I finally did, it looked
like
I'd HAYED back there! I was rather embarrassed. Had to bag it and
empty the bag every pass.

I'd have raked it up and tossed it into my henyard......
Chickens LOVE that stuff!

How many chickens do you have, and are they the fancies? I really
like chickens.

Only 5 now, but I used to have over 40 and I raised cochin bantams.
The city of San Marcos passed a new ordinance tho' restricting me to
only 8 birds so I had to give most of them away. :-( I kept 5 chickens
and 3 muscovie ducks.

On the upside, they let me keep my 5 emus and did not count them in the
head count. ;-)

Chickens are neat, and so are ducks, emus, pigions, doves, quail.....

I no longer have quail but I do have transient pigeons that live here. I
need to set up better (predator proof) nesting facilities for them. I
have some plans for that, that way I can harvest squabs from time to
time.

The ringneck doves are inside and are just pets. I need to separate that
male again! I have 2 new ringneck babies that need a home.

Cheers!

Talking about backyards...we took a walk today into the woods where
they are building the fifty mile hike and bike trail which follows
Brushy Creek, and it didn't look much different than the backyard! I
was also thrilled to see how beautiful this was. Very little
disturbance, but I'm certain the animals back there are traumatized
with all the loud machinery.

--
Om.