Old 09-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Lynda Thornton

Default Are slugs and snails eating phormium?

Hi

I planted a fairly large bronze phormium earlier in the summer and just
the other day noticed that it looked as though it had lost some leaves,
almost half in fact! On closer inspection I found that lots of the
large leaves looked chewed through, as well as new growth, and can only
assume it's slugs and snails. I didn't think that a large plant would
succumb as easily as the smaller ones do or be as palatable to the pests
- I don't know how I'm going to protect it either unless I resort to
pellets which I don't like using. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Lynda