Old 09-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Rod Craddock

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
I have only every grown early peas, in order to avoid pea moth
maggots.

I am wondering whether there is any point in trying maincrop peas
(perhaps tall ones) next season and wonder whether anyone has
successfully grown them without too much of a maggot invasion.
Presumably a fleece barrier would be no good because the flowers
wouldn't set. Are there any other organic solutions?

Janet G

Not sure if they really rely on insect pollination, I'd be tempted to
try a few under enviromesh. It seems that an area either has it or
not. We're fortunate here in North Wales - I've never been troubled in
over 30 years. It was a real problem in the E. Midlands when I was
growing up.

--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.