Old 09-10-2005, 06:13 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Cindy" wrote:

As noted in another reply, winter rye is good for winter coverage.
It won't sprout until the temp is around 40F, and alot of native
rain/drizzle is present. So don't expect much until then. If
allowed to form seed, reseeding the following season is probably
unneeded. New seed will lay dormant until such time the temp and
precipitation is adequate. The color is awesome, very lush green
with a very minor touch of blue. Grows well even in red clay soil
which my St. Augustine (Palmetto) hates.

Any chance of finding seed in Home Depot? I want to try some. I wouldn't
mind mowing in winter. My son needs something to do, ha ha!

Probably. :-)
I get mine in 50 lb. sacks from Amkon feed. I don't remember what I paid
for it, but it was quite reasonable considering it's grass seed. It was
affordable.

The more, the better! I'll be planting another 100 lbs. probably the end
of October.
--
Om.