Old 09-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Michelle

Yeah, you can buy plugs and install them about six inches apart. In three
years the zoysia will have spread and crowded out the bluegrass. Call
Zoysia Farms Nurseries in Taneytown. They are the closest suppliers of
plugs in your area. Try to get the plugs about April or May of next year.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I have a lawn that I would like to replace with zoysia, since it seems

more
weed resistant.

Is it possible to start it in an existing bluegrass lawn, and have it take
over, or do I need to tear up all the sod and start over?

I live in the DC area. I know it is probably too late for this year, buy
maybe next year.

Thanks for any help.