Old 09-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Persephone

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 11:24:44 GMT, Tom Randy

On 2005-10-08 19:24:51 -0400, Persephone said:

Last year I won a small African violet at a luncheon.
I've had it on a side table in bright but indirect light,
fed it, watered it, spoke kindly to it, but zip blooms.

Any suggestions?

Tx

MORE light and are you fertilizing it?

Not MORE light, it is getting the max right where it
is -- Western light. fertilizing, I put in some of
those "spikes" but they haven't done much good, bloom-wise.

Anybody have experience w/African violets that can
suggest optimum type of fertilizer?

This site:

http://www.african-violets.com/tips.htm

has some interesting advice, including NOT
a clay pot!

Your reactions to that site, and your recommendations
for fertilizer would be appreciated. Personal experience is so
valuable!

Tx.