Old 09-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Donna Maroni

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, laurie (Mother Mastiff) wrote:

This year, the tree is 5-6 times bigger, but the fruits have been much less
plentiful per branch, small and pale....it sounds like your
crop is very similar. Maybe something in the weather has affected the crop
across the area.

I don't think it was the weather. I have access to a friend's huge fig
tree, and this year was even better than former years: lots of big, plump,
sweet fruit.

I like to use these figs for fig-sesame jam (epicurious.com) and for
spiced figs, adding extra lemon peel in both cases.

Donna