Old 09-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Mike Lyle

Steve Newport wrote:
Sorry guys, I know this is a very old discussion and I am not

saying I
agree with the proposition, but it caught my eye.

One thing I do know is that edible snail growers do use copper

strip
to confine snails. I originally believed this was something to do

with
getting a mild electric 'shock' as their slime reacts with the

copper
- still do.

However, this tool thing implies either something different or a
potential electric shock biugger than I thought possible.

These guys sell copper tools and make a passing reference to snails
and slugs not liking copper.

www.implementations.co.uk/
http://www.nutec-supply.com/copper/ Not sure about this one
http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?PG=1397

[...]

Bronze is beautiful, so use it if you want to; I wouldn't recommend
it for a garden fork, though. I can't imagine how bronze or copper
tools would have any effect in the garden. And that bit about a piece
of iron disturbing the earth's magnetic field makes me think of the
unfortunate effect my gravitational field has on the Sydney Harbour
Bridge's attempts to stand up straight: the thing was all over the
place after a certain birthday party.

--
Mike.